The employment contract contains what you and your employer agree on when you get the job. If you are employed in a workplace not covered by a collective agreement, the contents of your employment contract are even more important than usual.
The employment contract should contain the conditions that apply to your employment, for example:
- form of employment
- job description and possible title
It is important that the employment contract is signed before you start your new employment. The agreement proves that you have a job and what terms you and your employer have agreed on. This is important if you end up in a dispute with your employer.
If your employer is not party to a collective agreement, it may be worthwhile finding out if they might consider including the benefits that collective agreements usually contain, such as occupational pensions, or alternatively you might include the value of the occupational pension in your salary request so that you have the opportunity to save for your own pension.
Templates for employment contracts
Download templates for employment contracts when there is no collective agreement here. You need to log in as a member to be able to download these templates.
We can help you interpret the content of the employment contract. We look at the content of the agreement, and provide advice and views on its content and what it means to you. Read more here.
Sweden's labour laws regulate basic working conditions, but it is important to bear in mind that collective agreements provide greater security and more benefits.
According to Swedish legislation you are entitled to:
- At least 5 weeks of annual holiday.
- A 40-hour working week.
- Leave of absence when you have children and parental allowance for 480 days per child (for both parents).
- At least one month's notice period under the Employment Security Act (LAS), which provides employees with protection in the event of redundancy or dismissal.
- Regulations governing probationary and fixed-term employment.
- State pension based on your income and certain other factors.