Working conditions for PhD candidates in Sweden
- Startar: 2019-02-15 11:30
- Slutar: 2019-02-15 13:30
- Plats: Flemingsberg
- Lokal: Gene’ in Neo building, Blickagågen 16, plan 5, KI-Flemingsberg
The seminar is in English and is organized by the labor unions SULF and Naturvetarna, together with the local Doctoral Student Association at KI. The Doctoral Student's Ombudsperson at KI, Åsa Samuelsson Ökmengil, will introduce the support functions for doctoral students at KI, such as study directors, occupational health care, student health centre etc.
The seminar will address questions like:
- How does the Swedish labor market work?
- What are the three government agencies that "rule your world"?
- Who needs a residence permit?
- How does the social security system work?
- Can I use the health care system?
- Do I have the right to unemployment benefit?
- Are only Swedish citizens entitled to Swedish pensions?
- What is required to get a permanent residence permit or citizenship?
Working conditions for PhD candidates at KI and future career opportunities. The seminar is open for PhD candidates at KI. Register no later than February 11. Please note that registration is binding. Sandwich and beverage will be available for those who signed up.