If you are a job seeker, Naturvetarna is there for you. We give you support and advice so that you can advance in your career and be safe between jobs.
As a job-seeking member, you can take part in:
- Naturvetarnas' career service can give you support in finding the next assignment, for example you can take part in career interviews, LinkedIn, CV and interview coaching.
- Advice on termination and what to think about now. Contact the Membership Helpline if you have questions about termination.
- Income insurance that complements the unemployment insurance fund and secures your income if you become unemployed. Remember that you must be a member of the unemployment insurance fund Akademikernas a-kassa to be able to take part in Inkomstförsäkringen. The unemployment insurance fund is not included i your membership in Naturvetarna and a seperate application must be made.
- Labor market information and inspiration about possible career paths on the web and in the member magazine Naturvetaren.
If you become unemployed you are entitled to unemployment benefits from an unemployment insurance fund. This provides basic financial protection if you are without work. However, membership of these funds is not compulsory and you must choose to actively join and pay membership in order to be able to receive the benefits.
In order to be eligible for unemployment benefits, you must have been a member of an unemployment insurance fund for at least 12 months before you lose your job or graduate with a doctorate. In the case of doctoral candidates, the rule is that the thesis must be submitted for printing for you to be considered available on the labour market and entitled to unemployment benefits.
There are several different unemployment insurance funds in Sweden. If you are a member of Naturvetarna, Akademikernas a-kassa is your unemployment insurance fund and membership of the fund is a requirement to be able to benefit from our income insurance, which supplements the benefits paid by the unemployment fund. Please note that application for membership of Akademikernas a-kassa is to be made separately and is not included in your membership of Naturvetarna. Read more about the terms and conditions for the Akademikernas a-kassa.
Naturvetarna’s income insurance supplements the unemployment insurance fund in the event of temporary unemployment. We can also provide support and advice to advance your career. Read more about our career services.
If you work in a workplace that is party to a collective agreement, you are also covered by what is known as a transition agreement. These provide support if you are made redundant in the form of, for example, financial benefits and career support. The most common transition agreements are:
- Job Security Council, TRR, in the private sector, www.trr.se.
- National Insurance Foundation, www.tsn.se.
- The transition fund for municipal and county council employees, www.omstallningsfonden.se.
Keep in mind that if you become unemployed, you must register as a jobseeker at the Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen) on the first day you are unemployed. This is necessary if your sick pay-based income level is to continue to apply, which means that you retain your right to benefits from the unemployment insurance fund even when you no longer have a income from work.